The Help Desk Technician provides first level support to end-users. Maintains computer hardware, software, and performs upgrades. Assists users on computer/printer/network-connectivity issues. Responsible for the day-to-day operation of all PCs and peripherals, whether stand-alone or networked.
- Diagnose and resolve hardware/software problems.
- Provide daily support for all users and assigned inter-company facilities.
- Install/upgrade PC hardware/software when required.
- Recommends or conducts initial basic instruction for PC usage and application access.
- Informs Administrator on conditions and operational exceptions and pertinent factors influencing them.
- Provide status reports on current open projects and functional issues.
- Assists Administrator in coordinating major upgrades to application software.
- Advises users on software compliance issues on the desktop.
- Assists Administrator in auditing and documenting hardware/software inventory.
- Associate’s Degree or higher preferred.
- A++ Certification or Microsoft Certification Preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and troubleshooting methods.
- Strong technical knowledge of personal computers and network systems.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Superior phone skills.
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in customer service/technical support; ability to communicate verbal and written information in a clear, friendly, detailed, and informative manner.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills
- Team oriented player.
- Great on-time attendance record.
- Strong work ethic. Self-Starter.
- Ability to multitask.